Salvataggi

HeartSine Defibrillator Saves Life of Australian Tourist

An Australian tourist visiting Cornwall nearly died after suffering a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) at The Land’s End Hotel.

The tourist collapsed without notice at the hotel’s entrance as he suffered a SCA. Fortunately, thanks to effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the immediate use of an on-site HeartSine samaritan® PAD Automated External Defibrillator (AED), the Australian’s life was saved.

In …

Read more »


Woman in Scotland Saved by Community Defibrillator

Doreen Scott from Crail, Scotland survived a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) attack thanks to a community HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED) located close to her home.

Scott suddenly collapsed without warning while at home after suffering a SCA. As soon as she collapsed, her daughter called the emergency services and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Scott’s husband then fetched the nearby …

Read more »


Australian Man’s Life Saved by Wife and Son

Earlier this year, while at home John Lucas suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) that that almost caused him to lose his life.

Fortunately, his household kept a HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on-hand, as his son was diagnosed with a heart problem that can lead to SCA.

When Lucas experienced the SCA, he suddenly collapsed on his bedroom floor. …

Read more »


German Middle School Student Saved by HeartSine Defibrillator

On November 13, 2014, Leon Franz from Ober-Lais in Germany suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) while in Physical Education class.

The twelve year old student suddenly collapsed as he went to tie his shoelaces. Immediately after, staff began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and administered a shock by the nearby HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED), which brought him back to life. Franz was …

Read more »


HeartSine Defibrillator Stored in Local Athletic Club Saves Life of Irish Woman

Anne Hanks of Rathvilly, Ireland recently experienced a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) while at home. Within minutes of Hanks collapsing and losing consciousness, her son-in-law and neighbor began cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) while her daughter ran to the nearby GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) Club to retrieve its HeartSine Automated External Defibrillator (AED).

Soon after, Hanks’ daughter returned with the defibrillator and …

Read more »


58-Year-Old Bowler Saved by HeartSine Defibrillator

Oskar Mahler, a 58-year-old man from Deuringen, Germany almost lost his life during a recent bowling match when he experienced a life-threatening sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) attack.

In the midst of a bowling match, without warning, Mahler collapsed to the ground and stopped breathing. His teammate, Walter Rittel, saw him fall and was quick to react by running to Mahler’s side and beginning cardiopulmonary …

Read more »


HeartSine Defibrillator Saves Dülmen Student

We were delighted to receive news that another life has been saved thanks to a HeartSine® defibrillator!

When 17 year-old student Jannik Sohn suddenly collapsed while at school due to a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), he was rescued with the help of a HeartSine AED (automated external defibrillator). The defibrillator had just been installed the week prior to the incident …

Read more »


Heartsine Donates Defibrillator To School Of Teacher Saved By Device

Through its Forward Hearts Program, HeartSine® has donated a samaritan® PAD 500P to Mosman Public School in New South Wales, Australia on behalf of one of its young teachers, Tristan Wallis, who was saved by a HeartSine AED (automated external defibrillator) earlier this year.

Mr Wallis was attending a school camp event when

he suddenly collapsed in amongst …

Read more »


HeartSine Defibrillator Saves Tennis Ace

*Please note this article first appeared in the Irish Examiner on Monday 18th August 2014. 

It was almost game, set, and match for one Limerick man when he suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed during a game of tennis in Cork.

But thanks to the swift actions of his opponent, who used CPR and a …

Read more »


Another life saved thanks to HeartSine defibrillator in dentist office

We were delighted to receive news that another life has been saved thanks to a HeartSine defibrillator and a quick thinking receptionist!

Simon Walker, aged 53, suddenly collapsed in a dentist waiting room in Mossley, Manchester, England.

Following several failed attempts at resuscitation, receptionist Charlotte Anderson-Hughes, suspected cardiac arrest and, using her initiative, deployed the HeartSine …

Read more »